7" ScanSpeak Discovery monitor kit
2 TM ScanSpeak Monitor (kit)
Here is a kit version of the Series 2 TM with ScanSpeak Discovery woofer and tweeter. This two-way bookshelf monitor kit comes with drivers and assembled/tested crossovers. Also available is the faceted bafle, 1/2cF cabinet, and all other parts to complete the speaker.
Sealed bass alignment tracks the 80Hz THX target curve. A subwoofer is normally used to extend the bass, as needed for full-range or video systems playback.
PricingWoofer, tweeter, assembled crossover - $596 pair Facet Baffle, enclosure, hardware, etc. - Contact us
[click for more info]
- Angled facets around the tweeter to smooth the treble response, and improve imaging.
- 1.25" thick MDF baffle, fully cross-braced at driver hole webs.
- Acoustic scallops in woofer hole interior edges smoothes low treble response.
- 3/4" thick MDF wall panels with fine exterior finish.
- Two interior cross braces between opposing panels.
- 100% stuffed improves midrange clarity.
- Woofer has third order damped T-circuit with peak trap and output Zcomp circuits.
- Tweeter has third-order damped T-circuit with Zcomp on impedance resonance.
- 2-position treble contour switch.
- As always, high-grade parts quality throughout.
- Voice coil windings immersed in magnetic fluid increase short term power handling capacity and reduce the compression at high power levels.
- High Definition precoated fabric dome tweeter with an integrated wide, precoated fabric surround.
- 5mm elastomer front plate.
- Substantial injection molded rear chamber eliminates unwanted chamber resonances.
- Large magnet system for faster transient response. Heavy copper rings to reduce nonlinear and modulation distortion and increase overload margin.
- Blend of fiberglass/paper cone coupled to a natural rubber surround showing no sign of edge (midrange) resonances.
- Extremely stiff and stable injection molded metal basket to keep the critical components in perfect alignment.
- Large windows in the basket both above and below the spider to reduce sound reflection, air flow noise and cavity resonance to a minimum.
Technical DataComplete Specifications Binder [new window]
|Height||355 mm / 14"|
|Width||216 mm / 8.5"|
|Depth||330 mm / 13.0"|
|Weight||11.4 kg / 25 lb|
|Recommended amplifier power||25-200 W|
|Input Impedance||8 Ohm|
|Bandwidth, -6dB||55 Hz - 24 kHz|
|Accuracy||+/- 1.5 dB|
|Sensitivity, 2.8v, 1M, HS||88.5 dB|